To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement.I purchase their "premier desktop" product at the end of 2009.
One week after the, almost $7,000, PC arrived at I started having problems and immediately requested a refund which they did not honor despite their 30 day money back warranty at the end of their support book. After an exhaustive list of issues that including: blue screening, BIOS setup issues, power supply noise, video card issues and then the crowning moment when my hard disk crash and I lost almost a month's worth of work, I shipped it back to Alienware (Dell) for repairs. I have worked in the IT industry for over 20 years and never have had this many problems with any electronic device or an experience so bad. In fact the customer experience has been so poor that I went out and bought an Apple notebook (btw, much better product).
After 3 weeks I received the "repaired" product back from Alienware only to find that I still have clocking issue, my PC requires hard resets to reboot, sometimes will not reboot, some strange clicking noise in the machine, Windows messaging informing me that the computer restart was an abnormal restart, patches are not loading correctly, a power supply noise that sounds like 747 is taking off and to top it all off scratches all over the cover. I called back into support who informed me that I need to once again need to ship the product back for repairs. This process and poor quality product will equate to almost 6 - 8 weeks of downtime, probably close on 4 full days of my time to manage the process, replace devices, reinstall applications, etc. and 1 month's worth of business data that has lost.
As a customer I seldom complain as my time is valuable and there are other options available to me, but I feel it my obligation as a consumer to make a point here given what I feel is just blatant false advertising. I'm assume this is Dell maximizing margins by selling the same low quality items shipped under what USED to be a quality and performance brand.
I say to buyers out there do yourself a favor buy anything else … you going to get the same crappy parts from someone else, but it is going be at the Â¼ the price.Lol … the machine now won't reboot, what a horrible product.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alienware Desktop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Matt Gulla was on Ted's team for 90 days, then got his very own department (Customer Advocacy). With a resume like this he was clearly the one for the job......"
- "Should you buy a computer from Ibuypower.com, make your own decision read the below. Bought on 2/24/2016 returned on 03/18/2016, 23 days from their door back to their door ...."
- "Bought Tablet NOVO Hero 10.1. Arrived early January 2013 when I was on holidays. Machine very soon failed. Contacted support via live chat and they suggested to use the reset..."
- "In August 2010, another construction defect lawsuit against Lennar Homes and Greystone Homes was filed. It involves multiple homes in a newer Henderson, NV community known as Fiesta Park. The..."
- "Purchased a pack of bacon before thanksgiving holiday with hopes of frying up for Thanksgiving breakfast. Opened package and its a block of fat (see picture). I was shocked to..."
- "We closed on our Lennar "Comfort Wise" and "Energy Star Certified" home in May of 2006. Lennar should not use these terms when offering their product for sale. ..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."