To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement.I purchase their "premier desktop" product at the end of 2009.
One week after the, almost $7,000, PC arrived at I started having problems and immediately requested a refund which they did not honor despite their 30 day money back warranty at the end of their support book. After an exhaustive list of issues that including: blue screening, BIOS setup issues, power supply noise, video card issues and then the crowning moment when my hard disk crash and I lost almost a month's worth of work, I shipped it back to Alienware (Dell) for repairs. I have worked in the IT industry for over 20 years and never have had this many problems with any electronic device or an experience so bad. In fact the customer experience has been so poor that I went out and bought an Apple notebook (btw, much better product).
After 3 weeks I received the "repaired" product back from Alienware only to find that I still have clocking issue, my PC requires hard resets to reboot, sometimes will not reboot, some strange clicking noise in the machine, Windows messaging informing me that the computer restart was an abnormal restart, patches are not loading correctly, a power supply noise that sounds like 747 is taking off and to top it all off scratches all over the cover. I called back into support who informed me that I need to once again need to ship the product back for repairs. This process and poor quality product will equate to almost 6 - 8 weeks of downtime, probably close on 4 full days of my time to manage the process, replace devices, reinstall applications, etc. and 1 month's worth of business data that has lost.
As a customer I seldom complain as my time is valuable and there are other options available to me, but I feel it my obligation as a consumer to make a point here given what I feel is just blatant false advertising. I'm assume this is Dell maximizing margins by selling the same low quality items shipped under what USED to be a quality and performance brand.
I say to buyers out there do yourself a favor buy anything else … you going to get the same crappy parts from someone else, but it is going be at the Â¼ the price.Lol … the machine now won't reboot, what a horrible product.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alienware Desktop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "Pre sales was great. The price quote of £75 seemed good and ups were there within a day.... After a few days i am told the laptop has been "diagnosed" and..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "We contracted with Blue Haven Pools of Pensacola / Panhandle (Gulf Breeze, FL) in 2006 to install our pool, spa, waterfall and retaining wall. The project was consistently delayed..."
- "I LIVE IN SOUTH BEND, IN AND ORDERED 4-4PC SPICEY BREAST, 4-SHRIMP BOXES, PAYING A $1 UP CHARGE PER BREAST EACH WITH 4 LARGE MASH POTATOS, 2 HOT PEPPERS, 2..."
- "I bought a jar of Tostitos Cheese dip and not only did it have mold in it, it had something resembling a large insect larva. The larva looked as though it..."