I bought a top of the line gaming computer from Alienware. A very expensive laptop in November 2005. In less than an hour it crashed. cause? bad memory. sent hours on the phone with a tech testing the memory and eventually they sent a replacement memory card and it crashed again.

I had to shipped it back to them, at their expense. in mid Dec. After not hearing anything for about a month, i called. They had replaced several parts tested it and it crashed again in 2 hours.

I received the computer 3rd week in Jan after more parts were replaced and it passed. it work until the middle of April, when the video card failed. I spend hours with a tech, trying things. i had to send it back again.

i got it back in the middle of JULY, used it for about an hour and it shut off all by itself. it booted only after about 3 tries. I, AGAIN, spent hours on the phone with a tech, downloaded a CPU stress test, which the computer failed, so i had to send it back for a THIRD time.

To make this a little shorter, they replaced the video card 3 time I think and replaced the mother board 2 or 3 times. It took 9 months before the thing worked for more than 3 days at a time. All this time, they refused to even consider that they built a lemon and said that a refund was not in their company policy, saying to give them "one more chance"

They even complained that "its costing us money".

today, about a year later, the video card is going out again and the warrenty is over. They extended my one year warrenty my a whole 3 months.

In conclusion: I would tell anyone considering buying any kind of new computer to NOT buy Alienware. They made me feel like I was imposing on them and i got the feeling they just didn't care about me.

I'll say it one final time - AVOID ALIENWARE AT ALL COST. NEVER DEAL WITH THEM. I HAVE A VERY VERY EXPENSIVE BRICK.

Had an Experience with Alienware?

Comments

#121973

because of ur complaint on Alienware products i refuse to buy them. By u telling me this, u probably saved me a lot of $$

Yes it was over heating and Alienware was RUDE and refused to admit that could not fix it, These are my feelings and my opinion and I will always tell people to go someplace beside alienware to by a computer because of the extremely bad survice and reliability of their products.

#31944

Maybe it was over heating?

Just because you got *** by alienware doesn't mean people shouldn't buy there computers.