Alienware M14x ($2000) with bad motherboards - Beware!
New alienware laptop (with 2k pricetag) dead after less than 6 months. minidisplay port is non functional and has never worked and the laptop came to me with case damage.
After the mother board died, a technician was sent out to replace it. My instructions to him were simple: before you leave make sure ALL function is restored. He did not speak english very well but completed the repairs and left. First thing I checked was the device manager and guess what - 3 CORE components, networking, video and storage drivers were all non functional.
After running a Dell diagnostic, the HDD came back as imminent failure. I sent the unit back to Dell requesting that it get replaced and not to worry about my data. The system came back with a vanilla Windows 7 installation. No Alienware branding, or applications to control the Alienware specific function (keyboard lighting, track pad, etc)
Now they have refused to open another ticket because I only can open 1 per week.
Don't buy Dell - Alienware is now wholly owned by Dell... the support sucks and the cost is outrageous for something that worked for less than 6 months.
If you want more of the story - contact me at rob at theitpeople dot com
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alienware Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraudulent Business Practices ~ Senior Operations Analyst Acknowledges Poor Quality Control By Ken Garneau Caveat Emptor~let the buyer beware. In a world of technology, large corporations, telecommunications, the sales..."
- "No matter how many fake favourable reviews Elite phone & computer repairs / Elite communications / Dell repairer/ Apple repairer or any of the other names they go under post,..."
- "I ordered a lenovo g4030 on jan 22, 2015. it was supposedly a gift for myself since my bday is on feb 9th. unfortunately there was a problem with the..."
- "Att or google has done nothing to to keep david dumetz who runs a media site from hacking my internet through java and google development sites.his company destroyed thousands..."
- "Massage Envy in Sacramento, CA I have been a customer of Massage Envy since January 2013 and satisfied with their masseuse although I felt their front office sales tactics are aggressive...."
- "They delivered my $6K TV from NY to CA with a giant hole on the box and on the front size of the TV. And asked me to take..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."