New alienware laptop (with 2k pricetag) dead after less than 6 months. minidisplay port is non functional and has never worked and the laptop came to me with case damage.

After the mother board died, a technician was sent out to replace it. My instructions to him were simple: before you leave make sure ALL function is restored. He did not speak english very well but completed the repairs and left. First thing I checked was the device manager and guess what - 3 CORE components, networking, video and storage drivers were all non functional.

After running a Dell diagnostic, the HDD came back as imminent failure. I sent the unit back to Dell requesting that it get replaced and not to worry about my data. The system came back with a vanilla Windows 7 installation. No Alienware branding, or applications to control the Alienware specific function (keyboard lighting, track pad, etc)

Now they have refused to open another ticket because I only can open 1 per week.

Don't buy Dell - Alienware is now wholly owned by Dell... the support sucks and the cost is outrageous for something that worked for less than 6 months.

If you want more of the story - contact me at rob at theitpeople dot com

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Alienware?

Comments